Friday, June 3, 2016

Nightly Premonitons

Recently I've had two vivid dreams. I'll tell them to you now, what I can remember. In the first, that happened a few nights ago, I lay on my side, pregnant, in a nondescript hospital gown. I was on a gurney. The perspective of the dream switched between my view and an onlooker into the room. I saw myself give birth to a plain human child and then a few minutes later, to the placenta. This all happened without excitement and the midwife said "Here comes the placenta". During the placenta delivery, I felt the drop in my own stomach and canal, like the release of dam water over a stone wall. I looked to my full breasts and they were already lactating a thick milk, I asked for my child; but when it came to me it was only a doll. As I latched the doll to my nipple, it became alive. Unlatched, a doll. This was the end of the first dream.

The next dream happened with a man in my distant past who also now occupies a slender but full part of my present. He sat with me in a diner, over brewed coffee. His brown eyes were fixed on me and they were releasing tears, but he was not sad. He had come to tell me he was getting married, finally, to someone who had more prominent eye brows than myself, that I always had his heart since 14, that I was always welcome in his life. I remember saying that I was so, so happy for him. I lied. 

No comments: