Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Brave Waters

I thought you had left my heart completely, but just as the wale was closing up to heal, we clawed to get it flowing again. The atoms of our bodies were pulsing when we finally touched. When I saw you standing there, hips pushed forwards, it was like a sighting of a rare bird. Exciting but not wanting to startle because of the amount of energy my happiness released in that moment. The span of time we've spent apart was reduced to less than seconds, you placed your palm on my sternum. In particle physics, once two electrons, neutrons, protons of any element comes into contact with each other they are intrinsically linked. Even over the space of the entire universe, the two particles share the connection infinitely and indefinitely. They can never not have touched each other. They can never not have a shared past. 

No comments: